Monday, August 15, 2011

Add A Special Touch to Your Children's Homemade Gifts & More! {AmyAdele.com}


We are constantly working on one project or another. On those days when I just don't have the "umph" in me to actively participate in one of the projects, or when Little Guy is in a "I do myself! Mommy no helping me!!!" kind of mood, I hand over some glue and a variety of stuff from our crafts box(es), set him up in his high chair, and put a piece of paper down in front of him. While I lazily sip my coffee and leaf through a magazine, he goes nuts.
:
TIP: Wash out a paint applicator (like those you get glitter paints in) and save it for gluing time. Lots less wasted glue and it's easier for little hands to squeeze the glue right where they want it!
For a while, I ended up with a pile of "glue project" pieces of art. What the heck do you do with them??? I couldn't throw them away. Little Guy puts so much concentration and time into them, and he's so very proud of each one, that I just can't. Our walls are already covered with all kids of kids' art, so there's really no more room there.
I found the perfect solution: Grandmas!!!
Yep - we pop artwork into envelopes once or twice a month and take a little walk down to the post office. It gets the artwork to someone who will appreciate it. Little Guy loves getting "thank you" calls from his grandmas and he especially enjoys all of the praise (this kid's ego is not something I worry about!) 

One problem we've had with this is Little Guy's inability to sign his name. He sees his brother's signature on the drawings that he adds to our envelopes and wants to be able to do the same. I tried just letting him "sign" his work, but he can see that what he's doing has nothing to do with writing words. If I attempt to sign his name for him, he just loses it (right back to the "I do it myself!" thing.) When I saw AmyAdele.com's fun labels and stickers, I knew we had to have some. 
Little Guy loves stickers and when I told him that these were special stickers that he could use to "sign his name" with, he was all for it. We made it serious business, the oldest and I, when we showed him where his "signature" should go. My oldest pulled out some of his drawings and showed him how he always signed at the bottom, away from the drawing so nothing would get covered up. Now he's a happy camper and even prouder that HE has a signature on his artwork, just like "Brubber".
You really should consider getting some of these labels if your kids like to mail out pictures to friends or relatives or, as in out situation, they really want a special way to show that "I made this!" I chose the Arts & Crafts Label for Little Guy's projects. Check it out:

In fact, there are a ton of products that you can buy with the Arts and Crafts Design. I'd love to have a crafting birthday party for Little Guy's 3rd birthday in November. I could get some of AmyAdele.com's Arts and Crafts Invitations completely personalized with what I want to say. Maybe I could get Little Guy his own Arts and Crafts T-shirt with something like "Happy 3rd Birthday!" on it? Oh, and I wouldn't want to forget to include an Arts and Crafts Photo Invitation. Since you can personalize anything to say whatever you want, I'd love to use a photo of Little Guy at his party and use the personalization to turn it into a "thank you" note.


Now, there are a ton of places where you can buy personalized stationery, invitations, labels & stickers, calling cards, announcements, cards, and children's clothing. But I choose AmyAdele.com because of the eco-friendly steps the company when creating and shipping their products. First of all, the items from AmyAdele.com are printed on 100% post-consumer recycled paper - that's ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. I've seen other companies boast of using post-consumer recycled paper, but if you look into it, you'll often find that the percentages are pretty low - usually around 10% to 25%. 


 So, the next time that you are looking for labels, invitations, stationery, T-shirts, announcements.... anything like this, go check out AmyAdele.com first. Amy's artwork makes these items extra-special and the prices won't gouge your pocketbook!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comments:

Bernie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a clever idea. We have made stamps with kids "signatures" before. Nobody could read the, but the family. lol