Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Already Ordered My #Christmas Cards! {MixBook}



NEW DISCOUNT!!! 
Good through 9/21/11:

 
So, I'm sure you've been hearing quite a bit about MixBook lately. Well, I'm one to think ahead. I ordered my Christmas cards from them already! Yeah, I know, I know... It's only September, but I like being prepared.

Plus, I was able to get a little creative! MixBook offers customizable products, such as photo books, photo cards, and calendars, where you can choose photos, fonts, borders, embellishments, etc. to suit your own tastes and needs. Their templates are great, but I really wanted to start from scratch and experience the whole thrill of creating my very own cards. Let me tell you - you MUST have some kind of vision of what you want before getting started because the options are endless! I got the chance to review my choice of completely customizable 5x7 flat Mixbook cards from any of the following 10 categories to review:

Wedding Invitations
Bridal Shower Invitations
Save the Date Cards
Wedding Thank You Cards
Birthday Party Invitations
Rehearsal Dinner Invitations
Engagement Party Invitations
Engagement Announcements
Photo Birth Announcements
Christmas Cards
 Here's what I came up with for this year's Christmas cards to family:
| Learn About Mixbook Photo Books | Create your own Photo Book
In addition to being able to order printed items, MixBook also offers free collaborative scrapbooking. What's this? Well, let's say you and your sister, who happens to live 1,000 miles away, want to create a photo book of family memories for your parents' 25th anniversary. You can do it on MixBook! You can invite as many people to become editors of the project as you'd like. They can upload photos and help choose creative elements. If you've ever attempted to create a photo book, you know how much work can go into a job like this - being able to share the work with someone else is amazing. Plus, if you're giving it as a gift, it can truly be from everyone!

And, if you're interested in getting started on holiday gifts and/or cards early (trust me - it's better to start early. It'll be one less thing to remember!), go over to the Mixbook Facebook page and become a fan and also follow Mixbook on Twitter. Through these two social media sites, you'll find tons of great discounts and be kept up-to-date on any new creative elements and products they add to their site. (I just saw that new Facebook fans can get anywhere from $10 to $15 off their orders just by liking them!) Oh, and Mixbook also has a blog! There, you'll find the occasional discount code (there's one right now for 25% off your order!) and helpful tips and tricks to make your experience of creating lasting photo memories even easier.


Yeah, but are they a green company???
Short answer: YEP!


But you know I can't just leave it there - I need to write and write and write!  I couldn't find much information about whether the company is eco-friendly or not. So I emailed Sara, one of the company's Customer Service Representatives (they also have Live Chat for help!) asking about this. Here's her answer to me:
"...our paper products all are processed from sustainable resources, and our Premium Silk card stock does contain 10% recycled paper products. The toner used for book text printing and calendars is non-toxic, and all our photo books and products are manufactured with 100% wind energy. Paper used for the book text is FSC certified and produced with wind power. Our hardcover board is FSC recycled and made of 100% recovered paper."
Well, there you have it! I really love that the paper comes from sustainable resources. Many times, I am told what percentage of the products are made from recycled materials, but I often wonder where the other percentage is coming from! Oh, and the wind power is just wonderful. I love seeing that more and more companies are opting to shell out a few bucks up front in order to create a more green product (and they have the foresight to know that they'll end up saving a bundle in utilities costs later!)
photo books

(Oh, and one more thing! I want to let you know that I had a small problem placing my order. Even thought their system requires you include payment information (credit card) to order, I cannot do that - I don't have credit cards! The customer service representative got with me almost immediately and had my review product shipped out right away. Now that's what I call customer service!)

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments: