Um… well. I really have no idea what to say to this award. I absolutely LOVE being considered a “kreativ” blogger! Thank you so much to Julia for even thinking of me. Please take a few minutes to pop over to check out her blog, A Little Bit of All of It. She’s written some wonderful posts on parenting and ALL of the things that go with it, with a nice crunchy twist on it!
Now, as always, there are rules to accepting this award. First, I must think of seven things about myself that you poor readers don’t already know. I’ll try to make it quick and painless this time around! I think I overdid it for the Stylish Blogger and Cherry on Top posts. And, then, I need to pass this really cool-looking Damask award on to TEN other bloggers. So, here we go!
Seven Things About Me:
- I haven’t shaved my legs (nor my armpits – eww!) for roughly three weeks. It wasn’t a great feeling at first, but no hot water and dropping temperatures have me in and out of the shower rather quickly. Just think of the gallons of water I’m conserving! (UPDATE: The gas is back on, but I really learned a LOT about the amount of water I was using.)
- I hate being asked why I don’t eat more. I’m way too thin and have had people call me “skinny” all my life. In my opinion, it’s just as rude as telling someone who is overweight that they’re “fat” and asking why they don’t eat less. It’s in extremely bad taste (no pun intended!) and very offensive.
- The last time we went out to eat (not counting being taken out by someone else for a birthday dinner) was when I was pregnant with Little Guy. July of 2008, to be exact. I was craving a burger and fries and we were walking downtown. The wonderful scent that was drifting from the kitchen vents of the restaurant we were passing was too much!
Confession: I use FrontLine on my cat. Twice a year (spring & fall), the fleas get so bad that the natural stuff just doesn’t work. I’ve tried every natural essential oil, recipe, trick, etc. and nothing keeps the damned fleas off of the cat and out of the house. I have a lady on eBay “hook me up” with some once a year.I just found something that is natural, non-toxic, and WORKS! Keep an eye out for a review at the end of the month…
- Speaking of fall – I HATE autumn. While a nice, warm autumn day is a wonder to behold and the colors in nature really paint a beautiful picture, it also means lots of cold and ick is in the near future. With no “meat on my bones” and no car, autumn just means that winter’s freezing cold is on it’s way.
- I so badly want an Etsy shop. The only problem is… well, there are lots of problems. Mainly two: 1) I have nothing in particular that I can think of to specialize in - not even two or three things to narrow it down to; and 2) I’m scared to death that I’d never manage to get orders done in a timely manner or mailed out quickly if I even received any orders. Maybe someday, after Little Guy chills out some (will it ever happen???), I might re-think the whole thing and manage to come up with something.
- I speak very abruptly. You see, I worked in restaurants for nearly 20 years. You don’t have time to say, “Um, Bob? Do you think you could possibly add a few more pickles to this guy’s burger? He really likes them and, while I know you’re busy, it would only take you a second…” No, you have to say, “More pickles on the burger! Thanks!” Oh, and you have to talk loudly and clearly so Bob understands the first time. During a lunch rush, there’s no time for explanations, niceties, or repeating requests. Well, after doing that for so long, it’s carried over into how I speak everyday. It really pisses people off. I try over and over to change it, but it always creeps up on me at the wrong time. It’s something that I’m afraid I’ll be working on for a very long time!
And the Award Goes To…
Now, I know I’m supposed to pass this on to ten other bloggers, but I have to stop here. I have been trying to get this post written for over a week and keep getting interrupted by one thing or another. Little Guy is just about to wake up from his nap and that will mean putting this on hold – again. If you know of a blogger who deserves the Kreativ Blogger award and I missed him or her, please let me know in a comment or my Contact Me form.
Thank You, Julia!