Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Small Business Saturday - Say Goodbye to Black Friday!


If you read most of my blog posts, you know that I really believe in buying from small businesses over large stores. It helps the local economy (it doesn't matter which local economy to me) and supports those brave enough to start their own business.

So, on Black Friday, I'll be snug in my bed, belly full of pumpkin pie, while others are freezing their butts of outside of WalMart just waiting to get inside to buy a PS3 for $49 (if you read the fine print in the ad, you'll know there are only three available at that price per store.) Nope, I'm saving up my money to head downtown. I'll be stopping at the farmer's market to browse the local crafters' items. I'll head to our little bookstore to see if they have any used books that someone on my list might be interested in. When I get home, I'll warm up with a mug of hot spiced cider. I'll put my virtual pennies from PayPal into my imaginary purse and check out some of my favorite online businesses, mainly on Etsy. (Psst... I'm working on compiling a list of my favorite small online business that I've had the pleasure to find over the past year. Here's to hoping I get it done and posted before Nov. 26 - Small Business Saturday!)

If you're interested in learning more about Small Business Saturday, you can check it out HERE. You can also pledge to shop small business on Saturday, November 26, HERE. Oh, and there's a Facebook Page, too!

*Just so you know, I'm not getting anything for telling you about this - I just think it's important. You should also know that American Express is the main sponsor of Small Business Saturday. Also, I found out about this cool campaign through Vocalpoint - I'm a member.

2 comments:

Jen Crum said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love it!

Marcie Salguero said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We also love it! and fully support small business http://blog.custommade.com/2011/11/custommade-supports-small-business-saturday/
We really want this to take off!