Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 1: January 1-7, 2012 {#Mamatography}

Well, the first week of the new year is over. It started out kind of crazy, but it's ending pretty well.
Mamatography 2012

I am so excited to be taking part in Mamatography, hosted by Luschka of Diary of a First Child) as a year-long project. I've been taking pictures like crazy all week, trying to decide which single photo represents each day the best for me. Looking back over all of them tonight was fun. I know that I'll love having them all compiled on December 31, 2012. I think I'm going to have them all put into a photo book. Why am I thinking so far ahead?! Heck, by this time next year, someone will probably have come up with something even better than a photo book for saving memories!

Royal Icing Candies
DAY 1 (1/1/12)

After a month-long baking frenzy, I had a container of royal icing left that I had no cookies to go with. So, I plopped it into a decorating bag, added a few stripes of food coloring down the insides of the bag, and piped these. I let them dry on the parchment overnight, then saved them in a glass jar with my decorating supplies. I figure they'll come in handy for sprucing up cakes, cookies, and cupcakes on days when I either don't feel like making a ton of different icing colors or when I just don't have the time.
My Mess
DAY 2 (1/2/12)

My huge mess. In the aftermath of the holidays, this is what I have left to deal with. I walked past this pile a million times today. Every pass I made, I thought, "Man, I really need to organize this crap!" It has everything: stuff to donate, clothes that need to be folded and put away, junk mail and partially-completed art projects. The dresser is topped with nothing but things that I've collected for crafting: cardboard boxes, oatmeal containers, newsprint... On, and that's a real pumpkin from Halloween. I've been meaning to roast, puree, and freeze it. I have a sneaking suspicion that, by the time I get around to it, the thing will have turned into a giant rattle!
Rastlin'


DAY 3 (1/3/12)

Today was my oldest's first day back to school after Christmas break. I took this picture about five minutes after he got home. These guys missed each other so much after hanging out with each other everyday for two weeks straight. They roughhoused for a good 45 minutes before they got sick of each other again. Just long enough for me to do the dishes and start dinner!
Painting Frenzy




DAY 4 (1/4/12)

This is the day that I completed the Melted Crayon Art project. You can see my painted cloud paper drying on the right. Little Guy absolutely adores his easel and paints on it everyday. Oh, and I highly recommend those Melissa and Doug paints he's using. They're nice and dark and last much longer than the usual watercolors you can pick up for a dollar.
WHa....?


DAY 5 (1/5/12)

(((CLICK!!!)))
"Say 'Cheese', Mama!"
I really need to get that kid his own camera. I've been drooling over those VTech Kidzoom digital cameras for him. Completely unnecessary and way out of our budget, though. Maybe someday...








Wacky Weather



DAY 6 (1/6/12)

January 6, 2012
Monroe, MI
High: 54 F
Low: 39 F
Little Guy found this dandelion while we were out for a walk. In January. In Southeast Michigan.






DAY 7 (1/7/12)

Shhh! I'm Hiding!
He was convinced that I couldn't see him because the cat's tail was hiding him. I remember thinking my mom couldn't see me if I couldn't see her. I also remember the exact moment that I realized this wasn't how it worked! I had just turned four. I wonder when Little Guy will figure it out?











So, what did your week look like? If you'd like to join me on this endeavor, just click on the Mamatography button at the top of this post to learn more. I'll be linking this post at Diary of a First Child's Week 1 Mamatography Linky when it's posted on Wednesday (1/11), so if you'd like to see more photos you should head over!

8 comments:

Kelly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOL - I still have 3 pumpkins on my table I've been meaning to roast, puree, etc.! Kinda glad to know I'm not the only one... ;)

That last picture/caption is SO cute and sweet!

So glad you're doing this project too Alicia - looking forward to seeing what the year brings :)

Luschka said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Absolutely FAB! pictures... and your dandelion pic has me drooling for dandelion pesto now... yum! Your royal icing decorations have to be the best idea I've ever seen (I normally eat the leftover icing! Ha) I actually Pinned it to make sure I remember it for next time! Awesome contribution to MT12!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a great idea for the icing. I love the roughhousing picture, too, and the cat's tail -- I have one of my five-year-old hiding (for hide and seek) right on the couch, with her blanket covering her head.

Paige @ Baby Dust Diaries said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks like an episode of Hoarders! LOL, ok, not that bad. that is exactly what my garage looks like. I never thought I'd be the person who can't put their car in their garage!

That icing idea is great AND the picture was really cool I couldn't figure out what it was at first.

Ponderings from the Kitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very creative photos! And a great idea for using up leftover icing! I'm excited to be part of the Mamatography challenge too - looking forward to seeing your future photos

oakleyses said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, nike roshe, longchamp pas cher, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren, longchamp outlet, burberry pas cher, ugg boots, sac longchamp pas cher, tiffany jewelry, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, michael kors pas cher, jordan pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, gucci handbags, longchamp outlet, nike free, replica watches, louis vuitton, air max, nike outlet, jordan shoes, louboutin pas cher, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin, chanel handbags, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, nike free run, uggs on sale, nike air max, christian louboutin shoes, replica watches, nike air max, tory burch outlet

oakleyses said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

coach outlet, guess pas cher, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, ralph lauren uk, hogan outlet, north face uk, true religion outlet, michael kors, nike tn, burberry handbags, uggs outlet, true religion outlet, sac hermes, nike air max, hollister uk, michael kors outlet, nike free uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, mulberry uk, nike air max uk, true religion outlet, north face, new balance, ray ban pas cher, true religion jeans, timberland pas cher, oakley pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors outlet online, nike air max uk, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet, nike air force, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, nike roshe run uk, replica handbags, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet online, nike blazer pas cher, kate spade, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet, lululemon canada, michael kors, ray ban uk, coach outlet store online

oakleyses said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

moncler, canada goose, pandora uk, montre pas cher, toms shoes, ugg, moncler, ugg uk, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour uk, juicy couture outlet, moncler uk, hollister, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, moncler, pandora jewelry, lancel, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski, moncler outlet, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, canada goose, canada goose jackets, wedding dresses, pandora charms, supra shoes, replica watches, coach outlet, juicy couture outlet, links of london, swarovski crystal, barbour, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler outlet, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton